Free Directory, Listing & Classifieds WordPress Plugin › Support › Themes › ListingHive › A Few newbie questions
A Few newbie questions
new to wordpress and theme customising so have a few questions if someone can help.
If someone could point me in the right direction for the following…
1. I’d like to change the text of the +Add Listing box?
2. I’d like it to automatically resize an image that a vendor uploads if possible?
Oh and 3. Can I incorparate a side bar on a listings page?
TIAihor3 months, 3 weeks agodeveloper
1. Please check this topic https://hivepress.io/support/topic/add-listing-button-2/#post-3229
2. Each image is already resized and cropped to a few pre-defined WordPress image sizes, but its display size depends on the theme styles. If you’re familiar with CSS please try resizing the vendor image via “hp-vendor__image” class.
3. It should have a sidebar by default https://demo.hivepress.io/listings/ You can add custom widgets to it in Appearance/Widgets section.
Hi, iHor, think i’m being dumb, how do i use say-what to change that text in the Add Listing box?
Also, is there a way to display featured listings at the top of the page instead of categories?
– You can add a replacement for “Add Listing” string with “hivepress” text domain. I suggest using Loco Translate if you plan to change more strings, it’s more user-friendly.
– If you mean the front page the only way is adding the listings block and selecting the “Display featured listings” option for it, then it’ll display featured listings only.
Am i being dumb? when people add a listing should it come up on the listing page??
– If you mean the Say What plugin please check its description and docs, once you install it you can add replacements for specific texts and Say What will replace them on the front-end https://wordpress.org/plugins/say-what/ Each replacement has a “text domain” option and it should be set to “hivepress” if you want to replace HivePress texts. You can also try using Loco Translate plugin its much easier – just follow this screencast step by step https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeOL8uh6jiM
– It should be displayed, but only if it’s published, by default new listings get “pending” status and you have to approve them.
Please create a new page in WordPress/Pages section and set it as the Listings Page in HivePress/Settings/Listings section, this page will display all listings and you’ll be able to add it to the header menu in Appearance/Menus section.
I can’t say for sure why this one doesn’t work https://thefreeadvertiser.biz/submissions/ It seems that it’s set as a blog page, so you can try creating a new one to debug this.
You can try using the code snippet suggested here https://hivepress.io/support/topic/default-listing-page-edit/#post-3765 but it may require further customizations (3 listings may not fit in the column width).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.