Getting Filters Setup. Getting 2-factor setup. Getting easy sign-in setup.
I’m getting close to finishing my project but I ran into a couple of issues and would like to know how to fix them. Below are the issues:
1) I’m having a hard time understanding how to set my filters setup. I can’t get a price range setup or anything else. Can you help explain how to get the filters setup? Also, can you explain if it’s possible to getup my own custom filters ontop of the standard filters.
2) Is it possible to enable two-factor authentication for both users and vendors? Not required two-factor but just an option.
3) When a new vendor wants to list a property they need to sign-up. But what I found is after I create a new account I then need to sign back in and THEN I can create a new listing. My question is, how can I create a message on the screen to tell the customer to sign-in again, or rather is it possible to automatically keep the new vendor signed in after they create a new account.
Thank you.ihor 3 months ago developer
1. Sure, please check this screencast https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9c7va8gjoQ&ab_channel=HivePress You can add custom attributes and make them searchable in the same way.
2. There’s no such option at the moment, you can consider integrating HivePress with some third-party 2FA solution.
3. This is strange, if email verification is disabled then the page should be refreshed and the user should be logged in automatically.
As for 1). I changed some of the attributes to make them searchable and also checked the “Display as a sorting option” but when I refresh my site. I don’t see the sorting option working. Am I doing something wrong?serhii 3 months ago developer
Not all kinds of attributes could be sortable, only “text” or “number”.
Make sure that you chose one of these attributes if you want them to be sortable.
Yes. The attribute is “text” but it’s still not working.
What else could be the issue? Because I have tried all of the above solutions.
If it’s a Text attribute and you marked it as Sortable then it should appear in the sorting options drop-down, if it’s not there then this attribute may be assigned to some specific category (then it’ll appear only if this category is selected).oceanside123 2 months, 4 weeks ago
I see now. Yes it is working. I guess I didn’t word my question well. What option should I choose so I have a price slider within the filter section. The filter section is on the left side of the screen on desktop.
Please view this screencast https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9c7va8gjoQ&ab_channel=HivePress It shows how to add the same price slider as on the demo site (by making it searchable, selecting the Number Range type, etc.).oceanside123 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Thank you. I was able to fix those issues above but now I have another issue.
See when I try to post a new listing there is an error. The error “” field contains an invalid value.
Why is that?
Thank you.ihor 2 months, 2 weeks ago developer
Please make sure that there are no code customizations that may cause this issue, it means that there’s some hidden required field added via code customizations, or an attribute in Listings/Attributes section.oceanside123 2 months, 1 week ago
Okay. I checked and I didn’t add any custom code or anything. So what else do you think could be the issue with it then? Would it make sense for me to add you as an admin for the website so you can debug it?ihor 1 month, 1 week ago developer
Thanks for the details, I found the reason – the custom “Status” attribute conflicts with the built-in listing status field, please edit this attribute and change it’s slug to anything else, then this issue will not occur.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.