Unable to define header image
gbru316 10 months, 1 week ago
I just installed the listinghive theme and I cannot define a header image. I’ve uploaded various sizes of .jpg image and when I an prompted to crop, the “crop” function does not work and returns the error “there has been an error cropping your image.”
When I skip cropping, I do not get an error but the image does not populate the header image field.
Please make sure that your hosting plan meets all WordPress requirements, I tried to set a header image on a fresh WordPress installation and it seems to work (I skipped cropping) https://prnt.sc/rjrdye Also header image can be overridden by individual pages, for example if you set featured image for this page.
Mee too, even if I install php-gd and php-imagick, skipping or not image cropping can’t even see se section tag with the bg image.
And can’t figure out how to set the top left logo… what I’m doing wrong?
If possible activate any other theme that also supports header images (for example Storefront https://wordpress.org/themes/storefront/) and check if this issue remains. If it occurs only with ListingHive please send temporary WP access to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll check it.
With Storefront theme is working. I’m working on a clean installation of last version of WordPress and ListingHive/Hivepress using a local dev env apache2/php7.2
Before while cropping I had the sam issue of gbru316 then I installed gd and imagik and I don’t have anything on error.log :-\
Can be something related to the new WP release? I don’t need to solve now, just consider it as a issue report.
Thank you.ihor 10 months ago developer
Thanks for the details, I’ll check this before releasing the next version.kevinedwards6591 4 months, 3 weeks ago
I have the same problems. If I try to assign any image to the header it goes through the mptions to crop but fails to crop saying there was an error and if I skip the cropping process it does not adopt the image. Have tried other themes and they all work correctly. This is a huge showstopper for me right now.ihor 4 months, 2 weeks ago developer
This is a minor issue Customizer issue (and it will be fixed), you can still pre-crop the image until this is fixed. If the home page image is not changed it means that this page has its own featured image in WordPress/Pages section (and it should be pre-cropped anyway because WordPress doesn’t have this cropping step for the featured images).
Cropping or no cropping, it just doesnt show up at all!
and what does that mean: “Click “Add new image” to upload an image file from your computer. Your theme works best with an image with a header height of 0 pixels — you’ll be able to crop your image once you upload it for a perfect fit “?ihor 2 months, 4 weeks ago developer
It works, the only thing that doesn’t is the cropping step, and it will be fixed in the next update. You can ignore this message about 0px. If you can’t replace the demo header image it’s because the Home page also has its own image (it has higher priority than the default one in Appearance/Customize), please edit this page and change (or remove) its featured image – then the default one will be used.
If you still can’t set it, please send temporary WP access to email@example.com and I’ll check this issue, maybe it’s site-specific.
I will try to figure it out on my own (I have to!), but as I’ve said I have checked every possible issue – cropping, no cropping, multiple images, no featured image on the home page… it just doesn’t show up no matter what I do. Category images are fine (but if you go to a category through filter… but that’s another story)… so either I am no rocket scientists, or something is broken… 🙂
Maybe there’s no “more” separator on the page? The header section appears only if you separate the home page content with a “more” block.valmes 2 months, 3 weeks ago
OK, I’ve managed to switch them ON. I did have “more” attribute in place, since I have searched this forum before asking. What has helped (partially) is setting page order to 0 (was 2 before that… whatever that means…) now the header images are displayed at the home page! However, I still have some questions…
1) At your live “Demo” page you have headers showing up at (a) home page and (b) categories, but when you go to (c) listings page (category=0) you have no header image, Is it intended or is it a bug?
2) More over that orange line and text color that should indicate “where you are at the moment” is working even in your Demo only for “Home” and not for “Listings”!
On my website it also works for “Categories”, although it doesn’t “highlight”(in orange) the upper level category in dropdown menu only the categories itself (would be logical if it kept upper category highlighted – kind of breadcrumbs), but again not for the “Listings” page (category=0)!? “Blog” menu item is also highlighted, “My account” is not… Strange.
3) When you search or apply filters – headers and highlighting is lost – again the question is – is it intended? You are still inside the category, but you get no visual clues anymore (header, highlighted menu). I hope it’s just a bug, because I don’t understand how it can be a feature… 🙂
1. It’s intended since there’s no content to display in the hero section (e.g. on the category page there a category title and description).
2, 3. These are minor bugs specific to WordPress, when there’s a paginated query then the current query (a page) is not recognized, so WordPress doesn’t detect the current page (Listings). If it was just a static page it would be highlighted (like the Home page).
1) Делаю статические страницы и не могу найти способа вывести фильтр, каким шорткодом или каким скриптом это возможно сделать?
2) При использовании фильтра пропадает изображение заголовка как сделать дабы изображение не пропадало, хотяб укажите какую страницу править?
– Буду благодарен если поможете решить эти 2 вопроса.
1) I’m making static pages and can’t find a way to display the filter, what shortcode or what script can I do it?
2) When using the filter, the header image disappears. How to make it so that the image does not disappear, at least specify which page to edit?
– I would be grateful if you can help solve these 2 questions.
1. There’s no such block at the moment, the filters form is built into the search results page. I plan to add full integration with Gutenberg and/or Elementor so any page will be customizable.
2. Sorry, but this requires customizations, if you mean the header section like on the home page it’s just custom content added to the page, while the search results pages have a basic layout required to view, filter, and sort search results.
If you’re familiar with PHP you can override it via the “hivepress/v1/templates/listings_view_page” hook, here’s an example of changing the number of columns https://hivepress.io/support/topic/add-one-or-two-columns-in-categories/#post-6469
Please create a new topic if you have any other issues.
Спасибо, буду пробывать
The topic ‘Unable to define header image’ is closed to new replies.